The Silver Bay (also known as Aglaonema or Chinese Evergreen) is a robust easy to care for house plant, so perfect for beginner gardeners. With lush, patterned leaves this plant can grow up to 4ft tall. The Silver Bay comes in a variety of sizes, so looks great on the office desk or as a floor plant.
Here are our top tips for a healthy Silver Bay:
- The Silver Bay is happy in bright, medium or low light as long as its indirect.
- Water when the soil feels dry, and then give a good drenching. Soil should be able to drain well so choose a pot with holes.
- Try and keep the soil moist.
- If your plant leaves are yellowing, it might be that you are overwatering so ease off on the watering – I water mine every couple of weeks. However if it is only the lower leaves drooping and yellowing, don’t be alarmed. This is a natural part of the plant cycle.
- As with most plants, if you notice uneven growth, remember to rotate the plant every now and again.
- If you notice any discolored or dead leaves remove with scissors, and remove any dead leaves that have fallen into the pot.
- Aglaonema plants typically needs to be repotted every one to two years. Be sure to choose a pot that’s the next size up from its current pot and has drainage.
We deliver plants within the Los Angeles, California area. If you are looking for a particular plant you can reach us through the contact form.