Five Things I've Enjoyed This Month (in no particular order)
1. Just Float. I just got back from a session at Just Float in Pasadena, hence me slumped on the sofa. Would highly recommend an hour of floatation in one of their private tanks. Once I worked through the constant "to do list" in my head, I fell into a calm, relaxed state. I'm pushing this activity to the top of my personal to do list every month.
2. Flower Philosophy: Seasonal Projects to Inspire and Restore. I'm currently reading this and admiring the stunning work of Anna Potter from Swallows and Damsons, based in Sheffield, UK. Lots of seasonal inspiration and floral treats in there, as well as tips to achieve environmentally-friendly floral and foliage installations.
3. "Rain Dogs" - I just started watching this on HBO Max. It's a dark comedy about a mother and daughter and their hustle to survive. "A tale of a mother's love for her daughter, Rain Dogs explores a dysfunctional family on the fringes of society, attempting to go straight in a crooked world." I'm starting episode 2 tonight!
4. Ranunculus are looking just lovely in the garden. I have many failures when growing, but the ranunculus — for whatever reason, maybe it's the soil or climate — thrive in my garden. Wish I could say the same for my poppies, which were unfortunately battered by the rain.
5. Lana Del Ray's new album, "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd." it's taken me a couple of listens, and I do need to be in the right mindset but blimey, it's good. Lots of LA references, but I especially love the Beverly Center one!!!!
That's all for now. What are you enjoying at the moment? I'd love a few book recommendations for my Goodreads, so let me know if there's something you've enjoyed recently.
Until next month!